Saturday, August 23, 2008

Homework again

Now I have an assignment from our high school administrators. I am supposed to create and post on the door the following statement, followed by my own thoughts: I believe.... When I googled this statement, I found a great writing curriculum based on these two words for high schoolers, which I am going to share with our English department on Monday!
In thinking about this statement, I find it so very difficult to complete. Do I complete is as a hs librarian, a teacher, a mom, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a Christian, or a friend? I want this statement to reflect me and to be something profound; something that I can live the rest of my life attempting to model for my children and hopefully, my grandchildren (someday!) , not to mention the students who will walk into those library doors and see what I have posted.
It is not something I can take on lightly or do quickly, yet "I believe ..." is supposed to be on my door by Monday!! No pressure, for sure! Guess I am going to have to ponder this some more. Wish me luck.

No comments: